- Participants competing in the general age group categories will be placed based on their age as of race day (age groups will be as follows: up to 16, 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, and so on as long as there are participants for an age range).
- The swim start will use a "time trial" method by which athletes will enter the water from the beach two by two approximately every 3-5 seconds, beginning with the Sprint distance (Clydesdales/Athenas first) and ending with the mini-sprint.
- In the event of severe weather, the race may be converted to a duathlon. The race director will make this determination based upon safety factors and consultation from local authorities, including the police and life guards.
- Sorry, no refunds are available in the unlikely event that severe weather causes the race to be cancelled entirely, nor for illness, injury, etc. Registration can be transferred to next year's race, with documentation from a medical examiner.
- Must be present to win any awards (and they'll be awesome awards, so don't miss it!)